(this was today’s breakfast)
This is my yummy grapefruit. It looks like a mess. I planned to broil it but got in a hurry and just tossed on some splenda. In a pan I used a little bit of cooking spray, tossed in some spinach, mushrooms and diced onions and let it cook up. In a small dish I beat 1 egg and poured it into the pan. I let it cook, sort of like an omelet. Just flipping instead of scrambling. Then I put 1/8c 2% shredded sharp cheddar on top of the eggs. Very filling.
What did you have for breakfast today?
Grapefruit, Eggs, and Tons of Vegi’s
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 packet of Splenda (optional)
- 1 egg
- ½ c raw spinach
- 1-2 sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. diced onions
- ⅛ c 2% shredded cheddar cheese
- cooking spray
- Spray a small frying pan with cooking spray.
- Place the spinach, mushrooms, and onions in the pan. Toss until they are at your desired tenderness.
- In a small dish beat the egg and pour it in to the pan.
- Let it cook with the vegetable mixture, sort of like an omelet. Just flipping instead of scrambling. Then put the cheese on top.
- Slice the grapefruit in half. Place on plate with eggs.