Salmon is full of good fat and it’s my favorite fish. Sadly, the husband is not a fan. I had hoped it was because he had a bad experience and that maybe he would try mine. I cook it so many different ways, but even with one small bit he still wasn’t going to change his mind.
That’s ok. But I still have to be able to enjoy my salmon.
I did a review for Blue Apron and they sent me some salmon. I wasn’t interested in making this full fat Caesar salad with tons of mayo, so I decided to make my own healthier low-carb salad out of the salmon they sent me.
I even used my new zester!
The salad is super simple to make and what I did was cook all the salmon at once so I could warm up the other piece later.
- 2 salmon filets
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups romaine, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- lemon zest
- lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- sea salt
- dressing of your choice
- Cook the salmon with a little olive oil over medium low heat.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Cook salmon until done, flipping every few minutes. Salmon will no longer be bright pink in the middle.
- Break up into pieces.
- In a large bowl combine all the salad ingredients, the cheese and lemon zest.
- Add the salmon.
- Squeeze the lemon you zested.
- Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Top with your favorite dressing.
For my dressing I used a Wishbone ranch spray because I am also trying to keep my calories down.
Self proclaimed foodie. Guinness drinking, tattoo rocking, Oklahoma girl living in a Michigan world. I want to taste all life has to offer, in and out of the kitchen.