Sometimes, when it’s mid week, I really don’t feel like spending much time int he kitchen and just fancy throwing something together that doesn’t take much time.
It can’t get much easier than this recipe for sausage and bacon gnocchi, which I’ve served with few herbs ans chives. It’s very basic, but filling and very budget friendly! You can easily use any leftover sausage, bacon, ham or other ready made meat that you might have in the fridge.
I’ve used basic white flour gnocchi, but if you fancy being a bit healthy, you can buy wholemeal ones or even some filled with spinach or sun dried tomatoes.
I hope this just gives you an idea how easy this recipe is, so if you want to make it a bit more fancy you can easily do that with adding cheese, different types of meat, making a creamy sauce for the gnocchi. Pretty much anything goes!
Hope you enjoy making this recipe & let me know how you get on in the comments below.
Easy sausage & bacon gnocchi with herbs recipe
- 1 pack gnocchi ready made
- 1/2 pack sausages (or whatever you have left over)
- 4 rashes bacon (any leftover will do)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- fresh herbs to season parsley, basil, chives
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 tsp olive oil or butter
- In the large saucepan boil water and add gnocchi. Cook according to the instructions on the gnocchi pack. Once done, drain and keep warm.
- Cut up the sausages, bacon or any meat that you have into smaller pieces.
- Chop finely the onion and garlic (if using.)
- In a frying pan, heat a teaspoon of oil or butter, add the onion and garlic and leave on medium heat until nearly done and the onion is 'see – through'
- Add the bacon and sausage and cook through until completely done.
- Plate up the gnocchi, add the sausage and bacon mix and garnish with fresh herbs. Add salt & pepper to taste.