This is great twist on the traditional guacamole, like my 4 ingredient guacamole recipe, with zingy lime, garlic and healthy boost of green matcha powder.
Matcha powder add colour and flavour, but more importantly vitamins, minerals and properties similar to a caffeine, which are great for boosting your energy.
Making guacamole is very easy – just mash the avocado first and add the rest of the ingredients and mix until nice and smooth.
Serve with tortila chips, simple tortilla wraps, meat or cheese or anything else you want to dip it!
Few tips on making the perfect guacamole
Whilst it’s fine to be creative with the additional ingredients, to get that perfect guacamole dip, you need to start with the perfect avocado.
Your avocado needs to be perfectly ripened. This means that the avocado should be soft (but not brown or blotchy inside) and the avocado flesh should just come off easily when you scope it out.
If your avocado is not ripen properly, don’t use it as won’t be able to achieve that intense avocado flavour – your guacamole could taste like a watery cucumber.
Other ingredients you can add to your guacamole
This is just a suggestion, so what else you can add to your guacamole? You probably don’t want to add all of these in, just choose a combination of 2-3 ingredients that works for you.
- Lemon Juice or Lemon Zest (instead of lime)
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped tomato
- Hot Sauce
- Ground Cumin Seeds
More Savoury Snacks Recipes
- Yum Yum Pickles (Easy pickling recipe) >>
- Marbled Chinese Tea Eggs >>
- Scotch Eggs >>
- Bacon Wrapped Dates >>
- Homemade Bacon Jerky >>
- Smoked Paprika & Sage Meatloaf Muffins >>
Green Matcha Guacamole Recipe
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- large pinch of salt & ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon green matcha powder
- 1/2 garlic clove minced
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pip.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh into a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add all the other ingredients (garlic, salt, pepper, green matcha, lime juice and zest) and mix until smooth.
- Serve straight away or cover and keep in the fridge for 1-2 days.