Tofu is a great protein source and together with scrambled eggs, tomatoes and fresh spinach or basil leaves, makes a perfect breakfast, brunch or afternoon snack. Season with homemade everyday seasoning mix spice and serve it with a wholesome rye bread and you have a meal!
This is also a great ‘leftover’ meal, as you can add pretty much anything you have in the fridge. Leftover potatoes, vegetables, herbs and of course even meat!
Tofu doesn’t need much cooking, just needs heating up, so you want to make sure that everything else in your tofu scrambled eggs mixture is easily cooked. For example don’t add anything raw as you have only about 5 minutes to get the eggs scrambled.
More savoury breakfast ideas
Tofu & Scrambled Eggs with vegetables
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 box tofu cut up to cubes small box (about a large handful)
- 6 cherry tomatoes halved
- handful basil leaves
- pepper & salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter or oil
- Melt the butter or oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped tofu and let to warm up a little
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes and let them to go soft a little
- Crack the eggs and mix them with the tofu and cherry tomatoes
- Move the eggs around until they are cooked though
- To serve season with salt and pepper and add basil leaves.