This apple pie oatmeal makes a perfect breakfast on a cold morning. Made with porridge oats, spiced fresh apples, a handful of raisins and topped with walnuts, this is a quick recipe that can be made in 15 minutes.
You are welcome to use any kind of apples for this recipe and depending on what type of apple you use, you might get the slightly different flavour in the end.
This recipe is for one person, so if you are cooking for a family just double or triple the recipe.
Hope you enjoy cooking this one!
Other oat based recipes for breakfast
Apple pie oatmeal recipe
- 1/2 cup porridge breakfast oats
- 1 1/2 cup milk any type of milk is fine or water
- 1 apple cut up into chunks (leave some for topping)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g seedless raisins
- 1 tablespoon chooped up walnuts for topping
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice mix
- tiny pinch of salt
- Measure the milk with oats and place them in a medium-size saucepan.
- Add the apple chunks, apple pie mix, pinch of salt and vanilla essence.
- Bring everything to a slow boil, reduce the heat and carry on stearing and simering.
- Carry on stirring carefully for 5 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed into the oats.
- Add the raisins closer to the time your oatmeal (porridge) is nearly finish. This will sofen them up a bit.
- Adjust the amount of apple pie spice mix by tasting your oatmeal and check that the oats have been softened enough.
- Serve straight away, topped with leftover apple chunks, chopped up walnuts and homemade applesauce.