I have been experimenting with different types of pizza hoping I can find one that doesn’t take a whole lot of time when those pizza cravings strike. But, I also want to make sure I try to keep it low glycemic and low(ish) carb.
Thankfully, I found some low carb wheat tortillas that were also high in fiber. I even made some breakfast with them. I had some ingredients leftover from another pizza (hello, chicken crust?) and wanted to see if I could somehow make a pizza out of the tortillas. I had seem them around the web and wondered just how well the tortilla’s held up.
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I doubt a single layer is going to hold a whole lot of toppings.
So I decided to make mine a quad decker. Honestly, I wished I had put some peppers and mushrooms on it, but I needed a trip to the grocery store.
I also called upon my heavy-duty cast iron skillet. I think this helped make the bottom tortilla firm up.
I put it under the broiler and it took less than 5 minutes.
Super fast lunch, snack or even dinner!
- 4 low carb wheat tortillas, per pizza
- ½ cup homemade sauce
- 2 TBS oregano
- 24 pieces of pepperoni (I used turkey)
- 1 c shredded mozarella
- Oven safe pan
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Make sure the bottom of your baking pan or cast iron skillet is greased.
- You don't want the tortillas to stick.
- Put the first tortilla down.
- Spread a little sauce on the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the oregano.
- Place pepperoni on the sauce and top with cheese.
- Repeat this process for the remaining 3 tortillas.
- Place the pan in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
If you are looking for an even lower carb option, check out this pizza made with a chicken crust. YUMMMMM.