I’ve made quite a few versions of this recipe over the last couple of years, because it’s a very simple recipe to make. It’s also full of nutrition (protein from the eggs) and as it already incorporates vegetable, you only need a small side salad with this meal.
The mozzarella cheese adds extra flavour and protein, so this meal is quite filling. Perfect for a late breakfast, brunch, lunch or even simple dinner, this recipe is really versatile.
If I’m making it just for myself, I use 2 eggs, as I don’t have any side dish with it (like potatoes or bread). Feel free to adapt the recipe to suit your family and double it if you are cooking for 2-3 people.
I usually use my pancake pan for this, because it gives me the right portion control, but you can easily make it as one omelette. I also like to make this in advance and keep them for snacking and the small size is perfect for this.
I’ve used yellow courgette (zucchini), but you can use green one or any other type if you like.
Hope you enjoy making this simple omelette and if you do, let me know in the comments below.
More savoury breakfast recipes
Yellow Courgette Mini Omelettes with Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 70 g yellow courgette (grated) no need to measure this, its' about a small handful
- 1/4 tsp mixed dried herbs optional
- tiny pinch of salt & pepper to your taste
- Grate about a small handful of yellow courgette. I only weighted it for this recipe write up, but if you have a little bit more or less it won't make much difference.
- Add 2 eggs and mix with a fork.
- Add the seasoning. I've used salt & pepper and some dried herbs for flavour
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat, add a tiny bit of vegetable oil or coconut oil and pour the mixture in.
- When you see bubbles forming and the bottom side is lightly brown, turn the omelette over and cook for couple of minutes until it's lightly brown.
- Serve with a side salad, some fresh chives, basil leaves and topped up with Mozzarella cheese.
Leave a Reply