Smashed avocado on toast is one of the easiest breakfast meals you can make. Simply mash ripe avocado, add seasonings or herbs and spread on freshly toasted bread. Bliss!
To make this vegan avocado breakfast toast, it’s best to use ripe avocado and make it just before you toast your bread. The avocado spread will eventually go brown, so eat it straightaway.
I love using my own homemade bread for toast, but if you don’t have the time to bake your own, treat yourself to some nice sourdough bread, since the flavours are just amazingly brilliant together.
If you want to keep this meal low carb, you an also serve the avocado with my seeded buckwheat crackers. It’s a brilliant snack for any time of the day.
- Salt, Pepper & Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Toasted/grilled tomatoes
- Herbs – chives, parsley, tops of green onion
- Salt, Pepper & Garlic
Homemade Bread recipes perfect for your toast
Vegan Avocado Toast
- 1 slice bread
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- pinch of salt
- pinch freshly milled pepper
- splash of lemon juice
- Cut open avocado and remove the pit.
- Spoon out the avocado and mash it using a fork.
- Add pinch of salt, pepper & squeeze of lemon juice.
- Toast your bread on both sides.
- Spread avocado on top of your toast and enjoy!