This is one of my favourite Blackberry & Pear Crumble Recipe, which takes no time at all to make and it’s always a big hit with our friends as the ultimate after-dinner pudding! This recipe makes enough for two, so if you are making it for the whole family, just double the quantities.
I make this Blackberry & Pear Crumble Recipe often because it’s such an easy recipe and the combination of the fruit and colour is just amazing. Even better if you get wild blackberries!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Since wild blackberries are in season in the autumn, you might not be able to get them during the rest of the year. You can easily replace the blackberries with blackcurrants or blueberries. Shop bought ones are fine too.
This ‘bulk’s up the crumble, but if you don’t have cooking apple, use an extra pear.
It might be an unusual combination, but I think that the sweetness from the pears goes well with the sharp flavour of the blackberries. Use any kind of pears you have, it will all taste delicious.
MORE RECIPES WITH PEARS
Porridge oats add some fiber and they are also good for energy. I use rolled oats (less processed types of oats are better for this recipe), but if you have an instant ones, use those.
You are welcome to use any plain (all purpose) flour you have. Other types of flours that complement this recipe are:
- Spelt Flour
- Self-raising flour
- Buckwheat flour
- Gluten- Free (plain) flour mix (any type)
I’ve used unsalted butter, but you can also use salted butter or coconut oil or butter.
There are so many different types of sugar that you can use with this recipe, but my favourite ones are:
- Caster (white) sugar
- Brown sugar
- Molasses sugar
- Coconut sugar
I love using my own homemade mix of mixed spice but you can also use:
Top tips on making my blackberry and pear crumble
- This is really easy recipe to make – just mix all the fruit together and top it up with crumble made from the oats, flour, spices and sugar.
- I normally use oven to bake this crumble, but if you want to you can also make this crumble in microwave.
- Your crumble is done when is nice a golden and you can see the fruit bubbling at the sides.
- You can also freeze the crumble, just wait until it cools down completely before freezing
More crumble recipes
Blackberry & Pear Crumble
- 150 grams Blackberries
- 1 small cooking apple
- 1 pear
- 25 grams porridge oats
- 25 grams plain flour
- 25 grams unsalted butter
- 25 grams caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice cinnamon or nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 200C (Gas mark 6).
- Place the blackberries in an ovenproof dish.
- Peel, core and cube the apple and pear. Mix with the blackberries.
- Place the oats and flour in a bowl and roughly rub in the butter with your fingers.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of the measured sugar over the fruit.
- Stir the rest of the sugar into the oat mix and spoon over the fruit.
- Cook for about 30 minutes until golden and the fruit is bubbling at the sides.
Leave a Reply