Gluten Free, Sugar Free & Vegan pancakes made with buckwheat flour, bananas and dairy free milk.
Reasons to make these pancakes
- These pancakes are super healthy. They are gluten – free, low in sugar, suitable for vegan diets.
- Also suitable for low FODMAP diet, where the only tricky ingredient is the banana. If you know that you are sensitive to the sugars in banana, either use un-ripen banana before they go brown or use only 1/2 banana and add an egg to the mixture (if you are non-vegan).
- Can be made in advance, frozen and then defrosted when you need them
Top tips for making buckwheat & banana pancakes
- Be prepared to adjust the thickness of your pancake batter before you start frying your pancakes. Buckwheat flour is thicker than normal flour and soaks up more water.
- When frying your pancakes watch out for the bubbles forming in the batter and the colour changing slightly. Flip over and carry on frying on the other side. Buckwheat flour is slightly darker than other flours, so the batter can look like it’s done when it needs a little more.
More pancake recipes for you to try
- Poppy Seeds Pancakes >>
- Carob & Banana Pancakes >>
- Truly Sugar Free Pancakes >>
- Almond & Flax Pancakes >>
MORE BANANA RECIPES
More recipes with buckwheat flour
Buckwheat & Banana Pancakes
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 large banana about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup plat based milk almond, soya
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: buckwheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, mash the banana with a fork.
- Add plant based milk and vanilla extract and mix together with the mashed banana.
- Pour the banana mix ingredients into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Leave the pancake batter rest for about 5 minutes and adjust the thickness with extra milk if needed (if it's too thick)
- Fry your pancakes on a lightly oiled frying pan, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve whilst hot topped with extra bananas, blueberries and drizzled with maple syrup.